Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Install Protocol Routing AODV on Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

AODV (Adhoc On Demand V) is one of the reactive (on-demand) routing protocol that developed by Uppsala University dan University of Basel.

The method to install it are:

1. First, we must have installed build-essential correctly. If not, use this command:
apt-get install build-essential

2. After that, download the file from here. When I write this tutorial, the newest version is 0.9.5. I suggest you to download the newest version.

3. And then extract the file.

4. Enter to the file using:
cd aodv-uu-0.9.5

5. Install it using command:
make && make install

6. After that, load the kaodv modul on Ubuntu, using:
modprobe kaodv

7. After all the step finish, activate aodv using command:
aodvd -l -d -D -r 3

Command -l mean write aoutput of this command in the /var/log/aodvd.log
Command -D mean non-activate waiting time (15 second) as a reboot delay when the protocol fail to run
Command -d mean run the protocol in background
Command -r 3 mean save the routing table in the /var/log/aodvd.log every 3 second

And finally, aodv has ran. And then we must determine the IP address statically.

4 Comments:

At February 9, 2009 at 3:33 PM , Blogger autodi said...

Hello, I'm Ido, I'm currently doing my final project with Soekris that I got from Mr. Tutun. I tried to install aodv-uu 0.95 in Ubuntu Gutsy in my VMware but It completely failed. I did everything just like you did as described on your blog. The errors began when I used command "make", I think it is something about
kaodv-mod, there are many errors. I even have downgraded the gcc version into 3.4, but still it didnt resolve my problem. I already asked Agung about this but he could not help either. Did u have any problem like this be4? I really need ur help becoz I'm planning to install acouple ad-hoc protocols in the Soekris.
Please help me..
My email: autodimay@yahoo.com

 
At March 26, 2010 at 3:28 PM , Blogger nang's blog said...

Dear, Mr. Aswantara
Mr, we are in the middle of the project for making adhoc lan. We use ubuntu platform. We has installed aodv in ubuntu 7.10 with tutorial you gived (thanks for the tutor). Now we want to install aodv in ubuntu 9.10. But the error occurred. Our first analysis, they may be happened because the netfilter is enabled. When we stop the netfilter, the error still appears. Any suggestion Mr? Thanks a lot before.

 
At November 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM , Blogger Navin said...

I am trying to install aodv-uu-0.9.6 in Linux mint 15. when i do "make" then following error occurs:

cc1: fatal error: /lib/modules/3.8.0-19-generic/build/include/linux/modversions.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [kaodv-mod.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/navin/aodv-uu-0.9.6/lnx'
make: *** [kaodv] Error 2


So how can i rectify such error. Thanks in advance

 
At December 4, 2013 at 5:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,
please Navin, have you find the solution?
because I have the same problem.
please answer me as soon as possible, because I don't have enough time.
my email: moussalakhal@gmail.com
my face: diesel.123@live.fr

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home